Sunday, October 11, 2009

Coming soon to NBCMiami.com....



...Exclusive coverage of the Hindenburg disaster.

Clicked on NBCMiami.com's website today and saw this story.

The gist of the story was how revelations in Gerald Posner's new book Miami Babylon, have "gotten [him] blacklisted from the VIP party circuit in town."

All this is "according to The Miami Herald," says the story. That's a phrase they use quite often at NBCMiami.com.

Call me old-fashioned, but I still believe that if you're in the news business, you should at least pretend to do your own reporting and not regurgitate stuff you read in the Herald.

And shouldn't your site have some....oh, I don't know....news?

There's a reason why some believe that NBCMiami.com is Miami's worst TV station web site.

The problem with the NBCMiami.com's story today is that it's old news!

I wrote about the so-called "blacklisting" of Posner last week.
"I’ve learned that a few events planned to coincide with the book’s release have been canceled due to pressure exerted by a few influential people who don’t like the way they’re depicted in the book."
And that was followed by a blurb in the NY Post on Wednesday.

So, what does NBCMiami.com have planned for the upcoming week? Coverage of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping, the Pearl Harbor bombing, extensive coverage of the Vietnam War and Nixon's resignation.

NBCMiami.com...how bad is your site? Let me count the ways!

4 comments:

  1. Just admit it. You're just upset that I didn't attribute it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not upset that you didn't attribute. That's usually something that ethical journalists do, so that eliminates you.

    You need to go back and read my post.

    I believe my point is that NBCMiami.com generates almost no original reporting. And that 95% of their stuff is based on the Miami Herald.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. You're complaining that I attribute to the Herald.

    Then you claim I don't attribute.

    Which is it, Bill?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlos...are you really this stupid?

    I'm not complaining about anything.

    The purpose of my post was to point out that NBCMiami can't seem to come up with any of its own ideas.

    Go back and read it for a third time.

    Geez, you're annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.