Thursday, July 30, 2009

Woodstock; where were you?

"They say that if you remember anything about Woodstock, you weren't really there." Alvin Lee, Ten Years After

Photograph by BURK UZZLE


This August 15 marks the 40th anniversary of the Woodstock Music and Art Fair in Bethel, N.Y.

It's widely regarded as one of the greatest moments in popular music history and was listed on Rolling Stone's 50 Moments That Changed the History of Rock and Roll.

For the record, I did not attend. I was living and working in New York City at the time but chose not to go. Bummer!



The New York Times photo blog, Lens, has posted a narrated slideshow of Woodstock photos by former LIFE Magazine photographer Bill Eppridge.

And, if after looking at those images, you find yourself wanting more, don't worry. I'm sure there will be plenty of stories and retrospectives in the media in the coming weeks.

I'll close with my favorite video from Woodstock, which in my opinion, captures the essence of Woodstock.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.