Thursday, April 23, 2009

Update on the Herald's local blog aggregator

Last night I commented that it's been a while since we heard anything about the Herald's plans to add a blog aggregator feature to their website.

Today I received this email:
We're the ones building the Herald's local blog aggregator. I build the database of local blogs by hand and right now we have about 200 or so on the list. I am hoping to vastly expand that. I still have a bunch more blogrolls to go through as well as the usual blog search engines, but if you can point me to any resources that will let me be as complete as possible, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I noticed you linked to our site with the Knoxville daily, we also have them at www.blognetnews.com/bgdailynews and blognetwork.expressmilwaukee.com and we're working on another one with Memphis. If you want to take a look at how those sites work, I'd value any suggestions or observations you have.

I am a big believer in the importance of the local blogosphere. For more than three years I have been preaching that every newspaper should be the place to find out what is being said in the local blogosphere about any topic as well as providing local blog search. It has been an uphill battle, but I think the Herald deserves some credit. They called me and they pulled the trigger when plenty of other papers have dithered endlessly.

If you want to post this invitation on your blog, feel free to make my email address public too. Folks who want to be included should send simply send me an email with their url and Miami in the subject line.

Best,
Dave
editor@blognetnews.com


David Mastio
Editor

BlogNetNews.com

Check out our latest at www.blognetnews.com/elections

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/blognetnews
Join our Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22201676118


1 comment:

  1. That's a positive sign. Still, I hope David got paid up front.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.